The Trussell Trust – “We know #ThisCanChange”.
Proximo are pleased and excited to announce that from the many worthy charities that were suggested by our people, we will be supporting The West Cheshire Food Bank, alongside Hollybank Trust and Mind, for the rest of the year.
During April 2020, food banks saw an 89% increase in need compared to the same period last year, with a staggering 107% increase in emergency food parcels for children. This 89% increase included the number of families coming to the food banks doubling and their belief is that no one should be struggling to keep their heads above water.
The situation has seen The Trussell Trust recently report the following statistics:
• Food banks have reported the busiest fortnight during the first two weeks of the pandemic.
• In the first two weeks of the pandemic, food banks in the network saw need increase by 81%
• They distributed an average of 6,250 emergency food parcels daily.
• For children, the need increased by 122%
• That is over 6,250 emergency food parcels provided to people in crisis each day, with close to 3,000 for children every single day during that fortnight!
Food banks are continuing to meet this need despite some of the most challenging circumstances, and this would not be possible without our donations and community support. The West Cheshire Food Bank have been overwhelmed by the love, compassion and empathy of our teams at Proximo and local people. By standing alongside them, you are helping foodbanks to dynamically adapt to the challenging task ahead.
We encourage you where possible to continue donating after checking with your local food bank what items are most needed, these lists can be found on the food banks website here
How you can get involved
• Find your local Foodbank – find out what items they need, this can be found on their web page, email or call to check before donating.
• Deliver to a collection point – direct to the local food bank, supermarket, church, or organise you own local collection point in your office (if safe to do so)
• Volunteer – donate your time to help out, collecting food, sorting, packing or making tea, provide a friendly face to those who need it
• Fundraise – plan a fundraising event to raise funds for The Trussell Trust central support fund supporting all foodbanks, working on expanding the additional services available to help tackle the issues that cause poverty to help clients overcome this.
• Regular Donation – payroll giving, direct debit or standing order.
• Partner with your local Foodbank – through fundraising, sponsoring or donating equipment or by sharing skills that the foodbank might benefit from
- Proximo deliver a new income stream to your business
- Proximo Legal Services – Making a Public Liability Claim
- Proximo Sponsors Chester Boughton Hall Ladies Cricket Team
- Proximo are collecting Easter Eggs for the Food Bank
- Proximo Legal Services – Making an Accident at Work Claim
- Winter Driving – Tips for driving in Icy Weather
- Proximo Supports World Cancer Day
- Proximo Supports The West Cheshire Food Bank
- Proximo has reached 1,000 LinkedIn Followers
- Proximo Supports Mind Charity